Ponder Station.

Ponder Station.
It's all about perception.

Friday, February 19, 2010

To My Beloved Time

To my beloved Time,

I feel as if I’m losing you. It seems like you are running away from me. Where are you going in such a rush? We have been together ever since I can first remember. In the start of our relationship it felt like I had so much of you. Sometimes, too much. At a tender young age you stifled me and I felt like I was the one running, trying to pull you along with me. Now as I have matured, it appears you are ahead but are leaving me behind.

Can’t we just slow dance for a while and enjoy each other? Hold each other close, breathe in our scent, cheek bone to cheek bone and feel our heart beat? Or even for one moment, can’t we just stand still, holding hands and view our world with a smile? These are my desires, as I feel exhausted trying to keep up with you. I fear that this has become a one way relationship. Despite my efforts, there are moments where I lose you for minutes, hours, days, months and even years. I look back over our long history together and feel saddened that some of it appears to be a blur when I used to be able to remember and savour so much.

I lust for you like no other. I’m ruled by you. I bow to your feet. Without you everything seems to warp into chaos. Where do you go when you escape me? Will you ever return? I fear I know this answer but I pray, one day, that you can prove me wrong.

You are unforgiving my love. It pains me to be with you, yet I could never live without you. You are my unconditional partner in life. With that said, I know that I must continue trying my best to keep up with you, to manage both you and myself so that I won’t lose you and fall into an abyss that would surely challenge my sanity.

Yours Truly,

A mere mortal

xo

1 comment: