I’m walking through a barren desert. I am alone and in every direction that I settle my gaze there seems to be nothing relevant. Except for one sweet, sweet, succulent cactus, which held so much promise after its bloom but now stands far from where I came as I had no choice but to move on.
I walk. I crawl. I even, on occasion, sprint towards mirages but they only dissolve as I get close, along with my certainty. However, there is one mirage that keeps its distance and seems to be guiding me in the right direction. I have learnt not to chase this mirage, but to calmly stride its course because I believe this mirage will eventuate. It’s too real. It grips me – its truth.
I have been drying out, getting raspy and I am unsure how I could embrace this possible nourishment. All I know is this mirage has the potential in fulfilling my desires and getting me on track so that I can confidently walk out of this desert and look back with pride. I will have survived and be forever stronger for it.
I just have to keep on walking and have faith.
No comments:
Post a Comment