Ponder Station.

Ponder Station.
It's all about perception.

Thursday, September 3, 2009

My affair with music

You cannot intellectualise art.

With music, the first thing I notice is how I feel. How do the sounds drench and consume my body with a groove or melody...
I let my body and thoughts swim in it's fluidity (no matter what form this music may be).

It is then, and only then, do I allow myself to start dissecting the scapes and elements of that song to grasp how it has this effect. Flow. Ride. Be.

My favourite music is the type that encapsulates your whole being and takes you on a journey - saturates your muscles so they sway in smooth motion to the beat. Close your eyes and float.

Music is my sedative, afrodisiac and endorphin rush. It opens inner doors that let emotions run free leaving the heart and soul refreshed, ready to take on whatever may come.

It is a beautiful thing...

No comments:

Post a Comment